Discussion

Back to Thread Listing

Crucible Value Statements
September 14, 2015 at 8:50am

Choose one statement from the Anticipation Guide with which you strongly agree or disagree. Explain your feelings about this statement in a brief paragraph. Once you have posted your paragraph, look at what others wrote and try to comment on at least one other post. Remember to BE RESPECTFUL.

Replies

Displaying 1-10 of 19 results.
Sort by:

Ms. Edgerton
September 14, 2015 at 8:56am

I don't know that I would have the courage to die rather than confess to something I did not do, but I know that I am willing to suffer other kinds of consequences, as long as they are on a par with what I was accused of doing. When I was in the 5th or 6th grade, I was accused of stealing a classmate's coat. The classmate did not think I had taken it, and I did not take it, but the teacher thought that because this other student and I were often playing tricks on one another, that this was one of them. I ended up with lunch detention and a blot on my record, but there was no way I was going to say I did it, just to avoid the punishment. I'd like to think that I would have the same level of commitment if the stakes were higher, but I won't know that until or unless I am someday tested in that way.

Daniel Basterash
September 15, 2015 at 8:01am

i would never tell a lie about a friend. Because a friend is someone you trust and if you lie about your friend then how can your friend trust you. You wouldn't want your friend going around telling lies about you so why should you do it.

M.R.
September 15, 2015 at 8:02am

I would lie to help a friend or family member or a good person. In the end we all make mistakes and everyone deserves a second chance. Family and friends always come first, you got there backs and they got there yours. If they are a good person and made one mistake they deserve a second chance if they did something bad. Unless its really wrong then I can help them.

Arnelie Dela Cruz
September 15, 2015 at 8:02am

I would totally lie to help out a friend. One time in sophmore year, I had a friend who had problems with their parents, they were physically and mentally abusive. My friend confided in me and ended up staying at my house for a while, until she finally got help from the police. She is doing better now and we are still friends till this day.

to D.B. FR. ADC
September 15, 2015 at 8:03am

i agree.

Rusty Bui #Teaminfiniti #A32 #Cefiro
September 15, 2015 at 8:04am

I choose number eleven, going to church helps to make you a good person. My response to this  is if someone goes to church doesn't mean they are a good person, it just means you believe in a greater power than yourself. Learning things in church may "help" you become a better person. But you wont automatically be a better person just by attending a church.

julia .
September 15, 2015 at 8:05am

13. I would never tell a lie about a friend. I disagree because if the cops were looking for my friend then I would lie and say I didn't know where they are. or if they did something that I knew about and the cops asked me about it I would say I don't know what they are talking about. but that's the only time I would lie about a friend , just to help them out or protect them .

to m.r.
September 15, 2015 at 8:06am

i disagree because if the person did something wrong then the deserve the consequences of whatever they did. and if you lie you could get in just as much trouble  

Jazzy Kelly
September 15, 2015 at 8:07am

Guilt can absoluteley control someone's actions and thoughts. It causes a heavy "weight" on your mind and heart that can make you think irrationally. Especially if you hurt someone you love or really care about. Generally if you let guilt control you, you're thinking with your heart and not your head.

Virginia Davenport
September 15, 2015 at 8:09am

I stronlgy agree that guilt can control a person. People avoid things that make them feel guilty, and they also confront things that make them feel guilty. It depends on whether or not they want to solve what happened. Also, guilt can eat away at you, because you will be thinking of what happened often, and it can control your emotions and how you react to other people. It can change your mood depending on how you feel about it. (Whether you are in denial or not.)